- In game mini-map for multiplayer and singleplayer.
- Client side (server does not need to have the mod installed).
- The areas you explore are saved and can be viewed by scrolling or zooming the map, even when you are in a completely different part of the world.
- Full screen map GUI. Set waypoints by right clicking, pan map by click dragging, zoom with the mouse wheel.
- New in 2.0.3: Rotating circular mini map mode. Can be enabled in the options GUI.
- New in 2.0.4: Map resolution can be changed while the game is running through the options GUI.
- Colours for blocks automatically generated from the block's texture.
- Support for custom texture packs.
- Support for blocks added by mods.
- Biomes now coloured appropriately.
- Entire map can be written to a PNG image.
- Explored chunks are also saved in Anvil format from multiplayer servers, so you can view the world using tools such as Eihort.
- When in the Nether the mini map shows your effective location in the Overworld. This makes placing portals easier.
- Short range underground mode shows air, water and lava around the player.
- All block colours configurable, including extended block ID's.
If you can't resist walking to every corner of the world in games for no other purpose than filling your map, then this is the mod for you.
It functions like the maps in many RPG's, not only showing your immediate surroundings, but also everywhere you've been before.
Another feature is that once you are done exploring for the day you can press 'm' then 'p' to create a PNG image of everywhere you have explored!